It has been rainy and cool. I am happy
with this. The kids make trips into town to get groceries and ice cream, while we lounge around the cabin.
with this. The kids make trips into town to get groceries and ice cream, while we lounge around the cabin.
I am working on Metropolis. I am reading the text again, and creating a synopsis. Of course, I could just feed the text (which is available online) into ChatGPT and have a synopsis of whatever length I dictate, and immediately. I could stick my head in the oven.
Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 33:02Pace: 9:26
This is a summer playlist I can depend upon:
Sweeping Up at Grebe's
Little Red Corvette (Special Dance Mix) - Prince & the Revolution
Don't Change - INXS
Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me - Trio
Saved By Zero - The Fixx
Whenever You're On My Mind - Marshall Crenshaw
Our House - Madness
Is There Something I Should Know? (Monster Mix) - Duran Duran
See link to hear Amir "Questlove" Thompson talk about why the Special Dance Mix of Little Red Corvette is his number one song by Prince.
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 69°
Climate: sunny & bright
Mood: all right
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 69°
Climate: sunny & bright
Mood: all right
The other day I learned that Duncan Bowen Black, author of Eschaton, is a runner. He wrote a short piece (they're all short pieces) about how AI summaries have been forced onto his running app, and how they are all non-specific but always super positive, which is not only useless but terribly unhelpful.
"I'm always doing the right thing, somehow. Long and fast? Smashed it! Short and slow? Perfect recovery run! It never says, That was a shit run, pal."
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Total bummer, however ... the eldest and their partner have had their flights canceled not once (Tuesday) but twice (today). They have decided to cut their losses and are making no new arrangements. This is due to global climate change (see: Canadian wild fire smoke, tornados and flooding in NYC) and the fact that airlines are horrible.
Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: TBA
Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA


No comments:
Post a Comment