Friday, July 31, 2026

This is the race of the year!

Doubt comes in.
Took six days off and still managed fourteen runs in July, half of them here on the cove. What a month. No seriously, What. A. Month. And August, well. I have no idea.

Wednesday we drove to Augusta to see Hadestown on the big screen, after we had pizza at a local pizza place, it was packed on a Wednesday night. August is nice, the capital of Maine. It's like Portland only much, much ... smaller.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 32:26
Pace: 9:16

80s Running Alternative Mix
Not Now James, We're Busy - Pop Will Eat Itself
Trip Away - Jane's Addiction
Sick Sad Little World - Incubus
Orange Crush (Live) - R.E.M.
New Day Rising - Husker Du
Can't Hardly Wait (The "Tim" Version) - The Replacements
Spacehopper (162 BPM) - Julian Cope
Bastards of Young (Ed Stasium Mix) - The Replacements
We Care a Lot (Live) - Faith No More

Okay, now this is thing is getting bogged down with live recordings, which can be fun, but live recordings always sound terrible. Unless you're Peter Gabriel. Also? Maybe it should be called "80s Inspired."

Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 71°
Climate: sunny & beautiful 
Mood: rested & resigned

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Last day in the cove. This was a respite. The next month is an unknown. I mean, a big unknown. I will spend a great deal on my own, in my own head. My sciatica has eased off since we arrived. I can stand and sit with minimal distress. The mattress here has been fabulous. How well will I run in August? How well will I sleep? Will I remain focused? Work is the great distractor, social media is not.

I will make myself positively occupied. I will see movies. I will attend plays. I will write. I will make plans for the house. I will prepare for the fall. And I will think of her.

Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: TBA

No comments: