Shortly after Crowded House released their second album, Temple of Low Men, I encountered my former roommate who said he had been listening to it. I asked him how it was and he said, entirely deadpan, "It's terrible."
I said, "Oh. I heard that. That's a shame."
He responded with some irritation, "What? Where did you hear that? It's amazing."
I sputtered something like, "Oh, I mean. Maybe I didn't? I don't know. Cool."
This says all you need to know about both of us.
Anyway, it's the best album of the 1980s. Top five, at least. Maybe? I don't know. I love it.
Distance: 4.05 miles
Duration: 37:17Pace: 9:12
Rehearsals are in full swing. Things are going well. I would say they are going very well, but I can't tell anymore.
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 72°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: all right
Temple of Low Men - Crowded House (1988)
I Feel Possessed
I Feel Possessed
Kill Eye
Into Temptation
Mansion in the Slums
When You Come
Never Be the Same
Love This Life
Sister Madly
In the Lowlands
Better Be Home Soon
"No skips" is a thing people say, but it's rarely true. There's always some weak track.
"No skips" is a thing people say, but it's rarely true. There's always some weak track.
There isn't a single song on this album I could skip, for anything. So, four miles.
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 171.8 lbs. (-2.8)
Planks: yes
Push-ups: yes
Sit-Ups: yes
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 171.8 lbs. (-2.8)
Obsession, anger, romance, nostalgia, madness, betrayal. So much betrayal. You could soundtrack my entire life with this one album.
Planks: yes
Push-ups: yes
Drag-ass morning. The perfect day to have an afternoon run, instead. And maybe this should be the plan from this out?
T-minus two.


No comments:
Post a Comment