Saturday, April 28, 2007

All your money won't another minute buy


Distance: 9 miles
Time: 12.30 pm
Stretches: yes
Weather: 62º overcast, breezy and beautiful

Gabriel & Dresden (Continuous Mix) 1 hour, ten minutes.

Making up for lost weeks, weeks spent acting and being very, very ill. That, and the weather hasn't been very happy. Today we are in Athens, a perfect day for running. Threatening to rain - but not. As I was finishing, the sun broke through.

A languorous jog from Union along the bike path. Past O'Bleness (where my wife was born, my brother had a major operation, and Calvin G. died) South Green (bad sex in Wray House ... well, bad sex all over South Green, actually) and out to all the new sh*t; the skate park, the Wall-Mart and everything, and back.

I have been waiting some time to attempt a run listening to the entire Gabriel and Dresden album. That's my record of the year. I picked up a track on iTunes a few weeks back and really liked it, and then they started the "complete your album" promotion and so I got the whole thing - which include the entire album mixed as one, uninterrupted track. Except for this Pink Floyd-esque thing right in the middle, the entire record makes for a dynamite run.

UPDATE:

lan·guor(lāng'gər, lāng'ər) n.
1. Lack of physical or mental energy; listlessness. See Synonyms at lethargy.
2. A dreamy, lazy mood or quality: "It was hot, yet with a sweet languor about it" (Theodore Dreiser).
3. Oppressive quiet or stillness.

I meant the second one. Dream-like.

Spending two hours in a movie theater after taking a nine mile-run is kind of dumb. My left knee and hip are very, very unhappy.

No comments: