Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay

Distance: 5.15 miles
Time: 6.30 pm
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: 60
Bicycles: 60
Weight: 164.5 lbs.
Weather: 45º light rain, wet and windy

2000 Playlist
Southside + - Moby
Idioteque - Radiohead
Right Here, Right Now ** - Fatboy Slim
Thank You + - Dido
Barock - Plastik - Stereolab
The Perfect Drug - Dkay.com/Die Krupps
Barely Legal - The Strokes
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Da Funk DJ - Daft Punk vs. Madonna
Hold Your Tongue - Lysistrata soundtrack

"There's nothing in the world worse than a shameless man ... except another man."

** released in 1998
+ released in 1999


For some reason, this was the most difficult playlist I had to make. I simply do not have much music that was released in Y2K (wow, remember that?) and precious little with a beat. So I dug into my memory for songs that I was listening to that year. Hmn.

31 runs for 31 years. One year to go. It's been very enjoyable, but I'm tired of it. I have a lot of favorites I want to get back to, and I have missed PODRUNNER. And some new things I want to try out. What's been good about it has been getting up to speed, working up to three and now five mile runs. I don't like using PODRUNNER unless I can listen to almost all of it in one go, they do take you places.

Today was a beast, and I am not talking about the run. Woke with a headache; house work, reading and small people have been keeping me from sleep. During the show today I wiped out when getting blown off-stage (you have to see it, I won't explain it to you) striking the hard metal frame of the set, landing hard on the floor ... I have some deep bruises on my right thigh, right shin and right arm.

No comments: