Thursday, April 05, 2007

Fingerpaint the sun on you

Distance: 5.15 miles
Time: 1.30 pm
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: 60
Bicycles: 60
Drink: Gatorade
Weight: 164.5 lbs.
Weather: 27º windy and light snow

1982 Playlist
I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
Mexican Radio* - Wall of Voodoo
It's Nearly Africa - XTC
New Frontier - Donald Fagen
Situation - Yazoo
Angst In My Pants* - Sparks
Rock the Casbah - The Clash
Hold Back the Rain - Duran Duran
Mirror In the Bathroom* - The Beat
The Metro* - Berlin
Cooldown: Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl) - Haircut 100

"I feel a hot wind on my shoulder. I dial it in from south of the border."

Skipped a day, had a double yesterday, spent the past several trying to get my voice back, and desperately needed an afternoon nap. Then the temps drop, the snow blew in, and today I thought - I feel dumpy and slow and besides, it's terrible outside.

But then, I have run in worse stuff than this, and feeling dumpy I why I do this in the first place. No excuses.

It was a bear, though. The snow was crispy enough on the sidewalks for traction - some of the sidewalks. I did a lot of road activity, which is freaking dangerous. The mix was pretty fast, though, I was able to keep up.

Man, I actually listened to that stuff, then. That's a quater of a decade ago. I'll be happy when this obsession is past and I can resume listening to Podrunner.

What am I not doing when I am running? I am not washing dishes, doing laundry, reading books, writing plays, working on my sketches, finally starting to watch those DVDs of Firefly - everything, really.

But it's one hour, for me, every two (or so) days. Okay, maybe an hour and a half with all the warming up and cooling down. 90 mintes. Every forty-eight hours. That's not selfish, is it?

No comments: