Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 3: This body is my ticket out

Taking the bike path by South Green brings forth a barrage of memories every times I take it. Maybe this path was the first place I had ever run using headphones - a brick-heavy Walkman in my hand, wearing a cotton shirt, cotton shorts, and cotton underpants (I'm 18! Who needs support?!) and whatever shoes I had in those days. Can't even guess.

I'd provide the playlist, God, I believe I may even know exactly where that cassette is up in my attic ... but it wouldn't be pretty. Sunday Papers, I believe and Hounds of Love, I don't mind admitting those.

But Twist and Shout? What wretched BPM. And who can forget the George Michael, Aretha Franklin duet, I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)? That really says "pour it on."

Yesterday, holiday cheer included Bailey's in my coffee virtually all day, a beer, an Old Fashioned and two glasses of wine. How I woke with a clear head, I do not know. Lucky me.

Calvin G.'s Old Fashioned
Muddle a spoon of sugar with a dash of bitters and two drops of water
Stir in 3 oz. bourbon and ice
Twist of lemon; drop peel in glass
Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry. Spill a little syrup in, too.

Stats:
Distance: roughly 4 miles
Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 40
Snack: Zone Perfect Bar (Cinammon Bun - man, the flavor selection is better here.)
Drink: Gatorade
Start Time: 1.45 pm
Temperature: 47º
Weather: Amazing. Bright, sunny & Warm. Wish I hadn't been wearing the jacket.

Playlist:
I'm Afraid of Americans * - David Bowie
Other People * - Prick
Tracking Treasure Down (Dave Seaman's Group Therapy Mix) - Gabriel & Dresden
All Good Things (Come to an End) - Nelly Furtado
Can You Feel It - The Jacksons
Sister Rosetta (Capture the Spirit) - Noisettes
Starting Over (Elite Force Mix) - The Crystal Method
Cooldown: Tribal Dance - 2 Unlimited

"The blood inside of me is inside of you." Happy Boxing Day.

No comments: