Sunday, February 03, 2008

They're Wang-Chunging, Beavis

Okay, this is weird. My headphones wrap around the back of my head and the cord goes down my back, right? So sometimes (while running) it crawls into and down my left sleeve, so that I have a loop of cable coming out my sleeve and my headphones tug to the left. Kind of annoying.

A few times - when I thought of it - I would duct tape the cable to my back, just above the waist band. It worked, somewhat. The duct tape would stick, but space would form around the cable, sweat would pool, and it would still wreak havok, sliding up in a bunch which was also irritating.

Now, as I said, this was last summer. When I have two layers on (say, undershirt and jacket) the cord doesn't do that trick and just hangs between the layers. I haven't put duct tape on my back since early fall.

And yet, just two weeks ago, a dry, irritated patch of skin, the size of a piece of duct tape, has developed in the center of my back just above the waist band.

What's up with that?

Playlist:
The News - Carbon/Silicon
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung
When You're Near Me I Have Difficulty - XTC
Pump Up the Volume - M/A/R/R/S
Dig Your Own Hole - Chemical Brothers
Cooldown: Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry

Stats:
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 172.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: 60
Dinner: spaghetti & meatballs, cauliflower
Drink: Gatorade
Start Time: 8.00 pm
Temperature: 34º
Weather: cool
Gear: thermal cap and jacket, thermal underjersey, pants, gloves
(Just the perfect gear ... until it dips below freezing, I think.)

No comments: