Monday, February 25, 2008

To be standing by the flag not feeling shameful, racist or partial

I can't believe it's been nine days since my last run. I kept thinking tomorrow, okay tomorrow, okay tomorrow ... it's been a struggle, the tour was in tech last week, it started Tuesday, every spare moment was on housework, childcare or painting the kitchen.

So those are my excuses. Time to hit the road.

I have this new hat, my MIL got it for me for Christmas. It has a flap to cover the mouth and nose. Unfortunately, that makes my glasses steam up. So I went without glasses. Wasn't as irritating as I thought it might be. But then, it's the middle of the morning.

Run stats:
Distance: 5.15 miles
Weight: 170.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: 80
Bicycles: 60
Temperature: 28º
Weather: cold
Gear: long-sleeve jersey, face hat, thermal underwear, long pants, thermal jacket, gloves

Let us take a moment and give thanks for an absence of pain. My shins to do not hurt. My calves do not hurt. My feet do not hurt. My head does not hurt. I feel great.

WARNING: You don't want to know this.

There is a recent development, one I am loathe to report. The last two runs an old complaint has revisited. I have a varicose vein and it's not in my legs. It was big issue in the 90s and I had to wear compression pants for a few years, and it subsided to where I was unaware of its existence. Maybe it's the extra weight I have been carrying around, but I can feel it again.

So ... motivation, anyone?

2004 Playlist
Let Go - Frou Frou
Rip Her to Shreds - Boomkat
Decent Days and Nights * - The Futureheads
Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
Black Horse & The Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
(The ex-wife eats music like this for breakfast.)
All Night * - Sam Phillips
Ch-Check It Out - The Beastie Boys
L-L-Love - Astaire
What She Wants - Felix Da Housecat
Tell Her Tonight - Franz Ferdinand
Future Sightings - I Am The World Trade Center
Ohh La La - The Ditty Bops
Irish Blood, English Heart - Morrissey
Cooldown: TKO - Le Tigre
    (Last Year's 2004 Playlist)
    Holiday - Green Day
    Yesterday Never Tomorrows - The Stills
    Beware - Jay-Z & Punjabi MC
    Arlington - The Wailin' Jennys
    No Expectations - I Am the World Trade Center
    Chase Me - Hexastatic
    Fit But You Know It - The Streets

No comments: