Wednesday, February 11, 2009

His hat attacked him.

53 degrees and rainy today, all the snow melted, a perfect day for a run. Except I have a catch in my throat and feel weak as a kitten. To wit; I have a cold.

Still and all, things could be worse. Got this email from Brian yesterday:
So, don't know if you heard yet, but I had myself a little heart attack this weekend. It happened just like they always say - pressure, squeezing in the chest, not real pain to speak of. You think maybe it's heartburn or indigestion.

I wasn't sure what it was, but knew something just wasn't right, so about 2:30am Sunday morning I decided to take myself to the hospital. A little Nitro, a little blood thinner, a handful of baby aspirin, some other stuff, and bada-bing, I'm feeling good again. But they tell me I definitely had a heart attack so I've been kicking back in a hospital bed for two days now, waiting for my bloodwork to come back clean and the cardio doc to OK my release. In the meanwhile, it's bad daytime tv and forming plans for how I'm finally going to get my ass in gear and start exercising regularly. I definitely won't be running any marathons soon, but should be working on shedding this ridiculous belly I've got.

Speaking of marathons, here's your depressing news item of the day:

Man runs seven marathons in five days.

Bastard.

So yeah, I'd already started considering a change in lifestyle, especially after seeing your play. This is just a major kick in the ass in that direction.

Looking forward to catching up with you soon,
Brian

Knew he'd mention the show. It's all about Dave. Get out of there soon, man. We'll get smoothies.

No comments: