Sunday, February 01, 2009

Too high. Too far. Too soon.

Hey, its February! You know what that means!

1985 Playlist
Jungle Love - The Time
Party at Ground Zero - Fishbone
Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
Are You Trying To Be Funny? - Everything But the Girl
Fortress Around Your Heart - Sting
The Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys
One Vision - Queen

XX Playlists for XX Years! Two years ago I tried creating a playlist for every year, going back as far as I could comfortably come up with forty minutes of running music. It gets me through the winter.

God, the past two days have been awful. On Friday, I was driving from school to school, and thought I would give myself a "treat." Fast food. I haven't had junk food for months, and thought what the heck?

BK double-cheeseburger, onion rings and a b.a. Coke. You ask Dusten and Allie, I was acting like I had shot heroin. And I felt like I had eaten a small child.

That night, my sinuses closed up. I woke in the middle of the night feeling like I had a nail in my eye, and took my migraine meds. I lived through the girl's birthday party all right, but by bedtime, my ears were ringing like schoolbells.

And so they have all day. Running, getting out into above-freezing fresh air. Man, that's the stuff.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 44 degrees
Weight: 152.5 lbs.



One flesh. One bone. One true religion.

No comments: