Sunday, July 04, 2010

Cleveland Public Theatre Announces 10-11 Season

I Hate This and And Then You Die in repertory by David Hansen
Directed by Alison Garrigan
Storefront Studio
April 7 - 23

David Hansen performs his two award winning solo shows in rep. One is an exploration of personal loss and recovery, while the other is about obsession and victory. Both shows were developed in CPT's Big [Box] and have gone on to successful runs at the New York Fringe.

CPT's Entire 2010-11 Season

Very excited about this. The script needs some work, there are revisions which are obvious and have already been made. The character is less sympathetic - less apologetic, I have tried to just let him be, and the let him off the hook fewer times.

It was 80 minutes, and I need to get it down to 60. Costume changes are out, I will be wearing a black running suit for the entire show. That cuts five minutes out of the show right there, seriously.

I wonder how it will come off, paired with I Hate This. Worried that may piss some people off. It's a risk.

Good morning, Mr. President. Happy Independence Day. Took a run through the Lakeview Cemetery this morning. "The Chauffer" came on as I headed for Rockefeller's monument, and I found myself sprinting up the hill, and dashing through tombstones. Very odd.

Stopped to gaze at the John Hay monument. Now that is a guardian angel. It is my favorite statue in the park, bar none. Beautiful, majestic, forceful, peaceful. Ancient, too, stone cracking at its base.

Rio Remix Run
New Religion (Carnival Version)
Hold Back The Rain (Remix)
Rio (Carnival Version)
Last Chance On The Stairway
The Chauffeur (165 bpm)
My Own Way (Night Version)
Lonely In Your Nightmare
Hungry Like The Wolf (Night Version)
Save A Prayer

Distance: 5.5 miles
Temperature: 65º
Weather: sweaty
Weight: 157 lbs.

No comments: