Monday, July 19, 2010

You're going as fast as you can after your daydream

This summer is crushing my body and soul. Air conditioning at my various research locales is drying me out, making me ache, the humidity makes me swell up and slow me down. We are over-programmed, too many hours a day spent working, then playing with the kids at preassigned events, planned well in advance, and paid for. And look, I'm even gaining weight.

I was looking forward to the hiatus, but it isn't a hiatus it is working away from work, and now all I want is to get back into the office where things are organized and articulate and then a week away with no obligations to anyone but me. And the family. And the extended family.

It's not even eight, and I am defeated.

Fireflies Genius Mix
Fireflies - Owl City
Fences - Phoenix
Under Control - Parachute
Let's Dance To Joy Division - The Wombats
Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) - MIKA
The Show - Lenka
Lisztomania - Phoenix
Pony (It's OK) - Erin McCarley

Most of today's selections brought to you for free from iTunes. Thank you.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 73º
Weather: muggy
Weight: 162.5 lbs.

No comments: