Sunday, October 24, 2010

Radio ON!


I have been ... sleepy. Wistful. Calm. At peace. Tired. I yawn a lot. I go to bed at a reasonable hour. I am no longer compelled to stay up as late as possible. I have been writing. I focus. I accomplish.

Unless it involves running. It has been cool in the mornings ... except the last few days when it has been blissful. And still, getting out of bed before 6 am is simply not an option. Or seven on weekends. And by the end of the night, I am done.

And of course, tonight, as I step out ... it begins to rain.

But really, two weeks? Where am I? Where have I been? And I felt this lack of action. In my right knee two days ago. In my left knee yesterday. In my ankle this evening. Now that I have finally broken the spell and pushed it for five miles, it burns. BURNS. Burns good.

Distance: 5.15 miles
Temperature: 74º
Weather: well ... rain
Weight: 161.5 lbs.
SONY TO STOP PRODUCING THE WALKMAN - PCMag.com
Time to retire those tapes. Sony has said that it's stopping production of the Walkman, due to lackluster sales of the outdated music player ... (more)
Well. I mean, it won't be missed. Strange to think it was released in 1979 - thirty-one years ago? Really?

I used to run with a so-called "sport" Walkman in the mid-90s. I would need to re-adjust the earphones every few steps and had to wrap the cord around my hand ... you had to hold it, you see, there was a belt clip, but I mean, who runs wearing a belt? And they had a fannypack strap which, I mean, I said it, right there ... that word. That should be enough.

But still. For walking. Strutting. Dancing with yourself. Staring at the ocean. Lying in a hammock. It was like having an additional sense. It was a teleportation device. I'm not sure I could describe it to someone who grew up always having it, man. It was a revolution.

Peace.

Cherry Bomb Genius Mix
Cherry Bomb - Joan Jett
TKO - Le Tigre
Do You Wanna Dance? - The Ramones
Accidents Never Happen - Blondie
Rock Me Tonight - Billy Squier
Cretin Hop - The Ramones
Trash - New York Dolls
Christine Sixteen - KISS
Let's Do It - Joan Jett & Paul Westerberg
Fake Friends - Joan Jett
Light of Day (161 bpm) - Joan Jett
Dream Police - Cheap Trick
Roadrunner - Joan Jett

Chicks with mics. Yes, last night we watched The Runaways. My wife wants to start and all-girl rockabilly band. And she loves Joan Jett. I am not making excuses, I wanted to watch it, too. Perfect date movie.

Seriously, however - Kristen Stewart, this is for you, honey.

SNAP OUT OF IT. Cut the dose. Wake the fuck up.

Okay, I'm done.

No comments: