Sunday, April 03, 2011

You either got it or you don't.

Put Those Shoes On: Running Won't Kill Your Knees
NPR 3/29/2011
In one study, Swedish researchers found that exercise, including jogging, may even be beneficial. Felson describes how researchers took one group of people at risk of osteoarthritis and had them engage in exercise, including jogging. The other group didn't exercise. After imaging the joints of the participants in both study groups, they found that the biochemistry of cartilage actually appeared to improve in those participants who were running. Felson says that suggests that "running is actually healthy for the joint."
Imagine my relief.

Going over both plays in my head while running, they become one. Little similarities bounce back and forth ... things I had not noticed. In case of emergency I have a pager in 2001, a cellphone in 2006. I have not run in two weeks, over two weeks. This makes me sad. It cannot be helped, there is no time. But my heart beats peaceably, my breathing is regular, I feel good. I feel very good.



Today is a full-day technical rehearsal. Multimedia is in a really good place, thanks to Mr. Josh. Did I mention he is designing two shows which open on the same day? I hope everyone appreciates that. Josh Brown is awesome.

Josh-hawk (not Josh) and the crew were taking care of lighting yesterday (I had something like a day off) and we put it all together today. That is some kind of good place to be.

2006 Playlist - All Timbaland, All The Time

My Love - Justin Timberlake featuring T.I.
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
Wound Up - Office
Upside Down - Jack Johnson
Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
Munich - Editors
Ankle Injuries - Fujiya & Miyagi
Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
Mass Repeat (Extended 12" Version) - Gabriel & Dresden
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem

Distance: 5.15 miles
Temperature: 37º
Weather: awesome.
Weight: 168 lbs.

No comments: