Saturday, June 07, 2014

When people run in circles it's a very, very ...


The middle of this week was quite bizarre. It feels like illness has been swirling around us, first me, then my wife, then my boss … and back to me. Not exactly ill, just a lingering malaise. No matter how much sleep I get, I wake very tired and headachy.

Every night, waking in the middle of the night with a dull pain, waking with same. Spending the day feeling weak, not quite shaky. Not how I want to begin the summer.

On Wednesday, I was so headachy and tired, and my eyes itched. I rinsed my face with cold water and my left eye swelled up terribly. Ah-ha. Not a lingering cold, but allergies.

Feeling so weak, going for a run seems anti-intuitive. But I feel stronger today, and I hope running in the hot air will clear my lungs a bit.

Today is shabbos, and I am distressed at how jittery that makes me. It is a mental chore, reminding myself that really, there’s nothing for me there online. Everything can wait. It’s not important. What is important is the work, the work of life.

The home, the health, the writing, the relationships. These things compose my life.

Temperature: 77°
Distance: 3.25 miles

What Difference Does It Make Playlist
Mad World - Tears for Fears
(Nice Dream) - Radiohead
Lullaby - The Cure
Sunday Morning - Velvet Underground
“The Stranger” * - The Cure
In Between Days - The Cure
Hand In Glove - The Smiths
Let’s Go To Bed - The Cure

I’d love to see Morrissey play Cleveland, just to hear him sigh, “Oh, God. I’m in Cleveland.”

No comments: