Thursday, June 26, 2014

You didn't run, you didn't lie, you knew I wanted just to hold you.

Land shark.

Surprised that my wife made it an entire day without a single match. Today is our anniversary, and we will celebrate by (among other events) taking in the USA v. Germany match at Gallagher's which is frequented by the American Outlaws, a USA National Soccer Team fan club. Win or lose, I am looking forward to that.

For the kids, much of our North Carolina vacations have involved Disney Channel. Last night's viewing of Teen Beach Movie made me long for the sweet, subtle sophistication of Lemonade Mouth.
"I don't think people were put here to be happy. I think if you decide to be an artist or a writer, you automatically accept the responsibility of being alone. However, after your 50 or 60 years are up you'll be able to look back and see this output that you've done that will endure long after you're gone, and will continue to fill the minds of millions of people."
- Jim Steranko (from Marvel Comics: The Untold Story)
Temperature: 78°
Distance: 3.2 miles

Rose earlier than ever today, a little past six. Wrote, read, drank coffee, and took what was the sweatiest run I have taken all week. The temperature was the same, but the sun was more fierce. Perhaps it had something to do with the tide ... the tide was high, and so I had to run in softer sand. The exertion perhaps. And I entirely forgot to eat anything again.

Ain't That Peculiar Playlist
Ain't That Peculiar * - Marvin Gaye
The Payback (Live) - James Brown
(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
Dancing Machine - The Jackson 5
I Never Loved a Man(The Way I Love You) - Aretha Franklin
Shotgun - Junior Walker
Never Can Say Goodbye - The Jackson 5
Try Me - James Brown
(I Know) I'm Losing You - The Temptations
Got To Get You Into My Life - Earth Wind & Fire

The girl was up until one a.m. last night, her aunt bleaching her hair. These are things you do on vacation, so she's not really up for running with me this morning but we discussed the possibility of her putting in a mile on her own when the tide goes out, and her parents are in the bar.

No comments: