Sunday, April 24, 2022

Summer of soul.

July 20, 1969

I have resolved, as the weather warms and my opportunities to run increase to ease off the garbage food. There has been a lot of that. And you know what? I had also decided not to feel bad about that. But there comes a time when taking it easy feels good. It's stuff I do not wish to carry with me.

The internet is full of blogs like this one, which are a multi-year document of one individual's ageing process as a human, rom teenager to young adult, from older adult into their senior years. I wonder if this one will be of use to anyone, tracking my physical and mental progress from age 38 to (so far) my late-early mid-fifties.

When will it end? When I stop running, I guess. Which will come first, that or death? 

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 31:03
Pace: 10:19
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 83°
Climate: sunny & HOT
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Weight: 188.5 lbs. (+0.5)

1969 Playlist
Compared To What - Roberta Flack
It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers
Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - Steam
Grazing In the Grass - Friends of Distinction
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Give Peace a Change - John Lennon & Yoko Ono

Jesus. What a year!

No comments: