Thursday, October 12, 2023

The kick in the eye.

O, it is me.
Yesterday was fucking horrid. I got a headache, as a result of nothing. Went to bed at an appropriate time, had zero alcohol, just, got a headache. And it got worse as the night progressed. 

I couldn't get up without feeling ill. Took pain reliever, Pepto Bismol, Sudafed, these helped a little but the pain did not truly subside until the evening.

I had to cancel three workshops I was supposed to teach today, which was fine, they can be reshceduled. But I was dressed and prepared to walk out the door and I just couldn't do it, on my feet for hours maintaining my cool. I need a clear head to teach well, I just saw endless misery. I am grateful I could just not go.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 28:27
Pace: 9:11

No head pain, and I feel like a goddamn giant. Or I am just manic in response to a day spent almost entirely in bed. The whole world is falling apart, what can I control but myself.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 51°
Climate: cool
Mood: all right

Goth Playlist
Dominion/Mother Russia - Sisters of Mercy
Kick In the Eye - Bauhaus
She's Lost Control - Joy Division
Wax and Wane - Cocteau Twins
Bela Lugoi's Dead - Bauhaus (153 BPM)
 
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit w/granola & yogurt
Lunch: buffalo chicken salad wrap, potato chips
Treat: fruit snacks
Dinner: sliders, fries, corn dip & chips
Alcohol? Yeah, two. we went out.

Lots of comfort food last evening. Ice cream, processed popcorn. Forgot to weigh in this morning. Oops.

Writing: yes

9:30 AM First noticed flashing in my left eye, while driving. A “C” which expanded, just below center. Check out line, which continue to expand its arc until it was no longer a C shape.

Occurring the day after a serious day long headache?

No comments: