Tuesday, August 25, 2026

I've been running round in circles trying to find my way back to you.

Not all heroes, am I right?
Spent about a week immersed in yard sale business, and now the great work truly begins. In the office, at home. 

The elder departs on Friday, and we have been spending generous time together. Last night we dined out and went to the movies together separately. It was decided day ago that while we both wanted to see Teenage S*x and Death at Camp Miasma, it was not father/child fare. I saw it on my own last Friday. Last night they saw that, I saw Tony.

Distance: 3.2 miles
Duration: 29:34
Pace: 9:14

Tony gets high marks from everyone on Rotten Tomatoes but again, it begs the question: How would this movie go over if it the protagonist wasn't the youthful avatar of a much-beloved public figure? "Callow young man learns how not to be a prick" is a tried and true subject for films (and it's kind of what actor Dominic Sessa does) I am just of surprised it still goes over so well in 2026.

Regardless, good morning. It's time to take a run. 

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 64°
Climate: beautiful
Mood: getting there

Songs For My Funeral
A Day In the Life - The Beatles
Under the Milky Way - The Church
Especially For You - The Smithereens
Don't Change - INXS
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood, Dhani Harrison & Prince
Wicked Little Town (Hedwig Version) - John Cameron Mitchell

Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 165 lbs. (-0-)

The hold steady. We did eat a lot of popcorn last night.

Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: yes

We are again counting our steps. I have lowered expectations, 5,000 a day is the goal which is neatly met by taking a run. On other days I have to remind myself to get up. Preparing for the residency makes this easy. It also reminds me to do the upper body work.

No comments: