Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Keep on pushing.

Okay, here's a week. Residency rehearsals, last night the season kick-off party. So that was a long day. But the spouse is out of town, and I am on my own tonight. I have been good about going to bed at a decent hour, to get seven and a half hours of sleep if not eight -- I have resumed morning pages. And that is very good for me.

So, we keep on running. And writing. And drawing. And making ice cream. Can I do all these things and still get to sleep at nine?

We made pasta salad over the weekend. That stuff as fed me for days. God, I love pasta salad.    

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:20
Pace: 9:28

Stopped on my run, hailed by an East Cleveland neighbor. Fine looking, svelte , in a tracksuit, and holding an extinguished cigar. He wanted to know how far I run, I told him by couple times a week, right past his house. Told him he has a fine house, I drove by on my way to work every day. It is a fine house, done a lot of work, they have a great yard maintenance company.

He’s 75, he doesn’t inhale the cigar. Told me it’s his only vice. He asked me my age, I told him, he said I looked about 50. I guess the running has taken a couple of years off.

Man. I hope I look like him in 20 years.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 71°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: good
Stretches: no
Water: yes
Pain Reliever: TBD

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 175 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Maintain.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit w/yogurt & granola
Coffee Break: PSL
Lunch: salad with chicken, candy, a pickle!
Dinner: pasta salad, fizzy water
Evening: old fashioned, Oreos (4)

What's That Lyric?
Push - Pharoahe Monch

No comments: