Sunday, September 01, 2024

There's still so much for me to do.

What's this?
A couple days spent in Athens to visit our elder child, and to meet new old friends. Residency rehearsals begin on Tuesday, the great turn of the wheel. The Guardians languish at the top of the AL, struggling to maintain preeminence. Harris remains a couple points ahead -- as of September 1. This can change. It can all change. I take a moment to feel a temporary flash of gratitude before descending again into doubt and insecurity.

Also? My back still hurts, driving four hours without a break last night was not a great help, nor sleeping in a strange, firm bed. I will take a run on the bike path, and listen to songs from my youth.

Oh, my youth. By the time I was our elder child's age, I had met my wife. I was seeing my ex-wife, but I had met Toni. That's how old they are, or how young I was. Twenty-one years old. And what have I accomplished since? And am I any kind of better person?  

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 37:03
Pace: 9:15

College Years Playlist
I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat
Why Can't I Be You? (Extended Mix) - The Cure
Reptile - The Church
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
Kill Eye - Crowded House
Don't Forget Me (hen I'm Gone) - Glass Tiger ft. Ryan Adams
Candy - Iggy Pop ft. Kate Pierson
Touch of Grey - Grateful Dead

Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Temperature: 77°
Climate: overcast & beautiful
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Pain Reliever: TBD

A lazy day around the New House. Late breakfast, casual conversation, time with family. So glad to see the kid after so many months.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, leftover Dr. Pepper
Brunch: eggs w/sour cream, salsa & scorpion hot sauce, bacon, rye toast w/jam, more coffee
Afternoon Bevvy: Dortmunder

No comments: