Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Don't believe everything that you breathe

The Annual January Heat Wave! The wife has been in Vermont since last Thursday. I have a succession of babysitters and parents (mine) looking after the kids while I am at work, so getting away for a run has not been possible. But after yesterday's temperatures were so balmy, I virtually despaired not getting out in it. Luckily S. was willing to stay late tonight so I took a mad dash through the twilight downpour. Luscious!

Stats:
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 173 lbs.
Stretches: somewhat
Sit-Ups: no
Snack: Zone Perfect Bar
Drink: Gatorade
Start Time: 5.40 pm
Temperature: 64º
Weather: rain!
Gear: rain jacket, rain cap, shorts, cute, short running socks

WHAT? A rainy night?! I LOVE a rainy night!

Things that happen when I cannot run on a regular basis:
    Laundry Me cooking Picking up General housework Playing with children Conversing with children Watching TV with children Eating lots of garbage Drinking too much Gaining weight Insomnia Headaches

I could go on.

Playlist:
Ankle Injuries - Fujiya & Miyagi
The Hanging Garden - The Cure
ABC - The Jackson 5
Kit Mambo - Graham Gouldman
Raining In Paradize - Manu Chao
Loser (171 bpm) - Beck
Sexcrime (Nineteen Eighty-Four) - Eurythmics
Cooldown: Start the Commotion - Wiseguys

Fujiya & Miyagi
"Ankle Injuries"


Happy New Year, Sweetheart. I miss you terribly.

No comments: