Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Am I original? Am I the only one?


Cleveland Rocks, indeed.

Really? Two and a half weeks? Really? And what a two and a half weeks it has been. It would be truly sad if I had actually wanted to run, but couldn't. Honestly, not only is this the first day in all that time I have had the opportunity to run, it is the first time I have wanted to.

What have been up to? Well, read all about it. I have averaged somewhere between five and six hours on weeknights, and weekends have also been wall-to-wall busy. And then there's all the snow and ice that have covered the sidewalks and streets, makes it easy to put it off. Not like I have to run 13.1 in two months. We'll get it there.

It has been sunshine and happiness the past two days - except for the nasty headache I had today, that was awful. But hey, five miles? Pshaw, I smirk at your puny five miles.

1997 Playlist
My Hero (153 bpm) - Foo Fighters
Turn It On - Sleater-Kinney
Walking On The Sun - Smashmotuh
Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys
The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails
Cleveland Rocks - The Presidents of the United States of America
Burning Ground - Van Morrison
Around the World - Daft Punk
Ticker-Tape of the Unconscious - Stereolab
I'm Afraid of Americans (160 bpm) - David Bowie

Bonus track: Swans Splashdown/Walking On The Sun Medley

Distance: 5.15 miles
Temperature: 39º
Weather: dark
Road conditions: wet
Weight: 155 lbs. - Time to buy a new pair of jeans.

No comments: