Thursday, January 06, 2011

I can show you some of the people in my life


It has begun. The snow. Temperatures below freezing for the foreseeable future. My paths will be snowy, icy and treacherous for the next two months.

A working couple must have a crockpot. I cracked our crockpot two years ago, just dropped it from a high cupboard while half-asleep early one morning. Asked for a new one for Christmas, got two. Nothing keeps you well-fed and well-fed than a slow-cooked anything. Cheap, easy, filling, healthful. And the kids generally love whatever comes out of it.

1980 Playlist
Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
A Forest (160 bpm) - The Cure
Fashion - David Bowie
Hell Is For Children (end bit: 166 bpm) - Pat Benatar
Take This Town - XTC
Incubation - Joy Division
Turn It On Again - Genesis
Red Light - Linda Clifford

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 27º
Weather: snowy, windy, in my face
Groundcover: blanketed with dusty snow
Weight: 167 lbs.

No comments: