Monday, January 17, 2011

... on the run ...


The 1960s playlists are weird, no doubt. I feel like I am Forrest Gump or something.

But now a word about Sha-Na-Na ...

To me, Sha-Na-Na has always been about their stupid TV variety show and their work in the motion picture Grease. When I was ten, I was not hip to the 50s revival. Not at all. Really, Bowzer makes me want to hide.

It wasn't until I revisited the movie Woodstock a few years ago that I even realized they were on the bill ... and their performance of At The Hop really turned my head around. I mean, look at them. That's not a 50s nostalgia act -- they're practically a punk band.

Jon Bauman, my apologies. Grease for Peace.

1969 Playlist
All Along The Watchtower - The Jim Hendrix Experience
Cold Turkey - John Lennon
Undun - The Guess Who
On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry Orchestra
Chelsea Morning - Joni Mitchell
Everybody's Talkin' - Harry Nilsson
Old Brown Shoe - The Beatles
I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
Pinball Wizard - The Who
All Together Now - The Beatles
At the Hop (Live at Woodstock) - Sha-Na-Na


Distance: 3.7 miles
Temperature: 31º
Weather: downright tropical
Groundcover: Dry where it had been shoveled, dangerous ice and snow where it had not been.
Weight: 167.5 lbs.

No comments: