Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Put your body in motion.

"Smoking is very glamorous."

Ten years ago the wife and I boarded a plane for a two-week visit to London. And I stopped smoking forever.

2001 Playlist
One More Time - Daft Punk
Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
By Your Side (Ben Watt Remix) - Sade
August Day Song (King Britt Mix) - Bebel Gilberto
Start the Commotion - Wiseguys
Hindi Sad Diamonds - Nicole Kidman, John Leguizamo & Alka Yagnik

That summer I was in my second fourth childhood. Being around young people can do that, spending time with the company members of my wife's play which was gearing up for a trip to New York. It's not just them, however, it's the music. We're doing some bulk mailing thing and Dan is playing that Daft Punk album (which my wife cannot stand) and I get a copy and suddenly, for some reason, I am spending long hours playing illegally downloaded 8-bit video games from my adolescence and wishing I could do Ecstasy.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 82º
Weather: humid ... but dark.
Weight: 171.5 lbs.

Got into a fender bender today, kid hit me from behind. I think my neck is all right. The run warmed it up, I have taken a handful of naproxen. Must run after dark, can't stand the heat and sun together.

1 comment:

T. Roger Thomas said...

I hope you're neck is OK!