Sunday, December 02, 2012

Run, run, run to make your heart shake.

Elation: a feeling or state of great joy or pride; exultant gladness; high spirits.

So, that report came out in the last year or so that it is not true that running releases chemicals which quell depression.  However, I am almost sure that 1) doing something that makes you feel good and 2) makes you proud of yourself, does. Maybe there are no chemicals involved. It just, you know, is.

That was outrageous! Outstanding! I did not want to go. No, I did not. And it had nothing to do with the weather, because I had no conception of the weather. In the fifties, sure, but also rain. How much rain? No idea.

Well, a lot of rain. Lately, My legs have felt stiff. Is it the shoes? No idea. Today, however, it was raining. Windy. Puddles. In my clown shoes. I raced. My legs felt springy and strong. I ran. I was smiling, grimacing rictus, teeth in the rain.

Even when the rain died down, I flew, even uphill. I felt strong. I also felt fat, a lot of soft tissue bobbing in my belly. I lengthened my spine, chin up. Working muscles. If I did this every other day, this would cease to be an issue.

Lately, I have been slowing around Lee and Euclid Hts. Blvd. Top of an incline, but not yet to the apex. Feeling weary, heavy. Today I fought that, and was rewarded. I only walked past the site of a car collision at Mayfield and Taylor. One of them was injured, his knee did not look good. I gave silent thanks.

Only after ending my run, my right knee began to ache, it aches now. I took pain reliever. I nearly gave myself a foot spasm, multitasking, trying to dry my feet after a shower while reading some article in The New Yorker.

Temperature: 54°
Climate: wind & rain
Distance: 3.25 miles
The Damage: 178.5 lbs.

I may need to record my diet here, to keep myself honest. Maybe I would make myself feel better if I not only log what I eat, but what is available to me which I do not eat.

Starting tomorrow. There's a party tonight.

Losing My Edge Genius Playlist
Us V Them - LCD Soundsystem
Eyes Be Closed - Washed Out
Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above (Calvin Harris Remix) - CSS
Roadrunner - The Moderns Lovers
Boyfriend - Best Coast
Digital (169 bpm) - Joy Division

No comments: