Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's not as if they're paying you. It's not as if it's fun.

New fleece.
 
What happened since my last run:

Monday: Long day, full of business, including a reading of my new play.

Tuesday: Following a site visit, on a 90 minute drive home from the Wooster area, in driving rain, I begin to feel ill. I take to bed early.

Wednesday: I have what can reasonably be described as a "cold" and take the day off work.

Thursday: My sinuses packed, this would be a good day also to stay home and rest. But an actor calls to say he has a fever. Well, my symptoms can be handled with cold medication, so I race to the school and sub.

Friday: Still feeling poorly, there is a different actor at a different school who has requested supervision, so I attend that school. Following an early lunch at that terrible chain restaurant First Watch -- where I thought I would be safe with soup, for God's sake -- I begin to develop an upset stomach. Nothing work impairing, but it is uncomfortable.

We have pizza that night, which gives me an upset stomach.

Saturday: The week concludes still feeling stuffed and unwell, but never with a fever or other flu-like symptoms, I rest most of the day at home with the kids. We have left-over pizza for breakfast -- ang again I become bloated and distressed. My wife says it was dumb to have the pizza, and I have to agree.

That night is a special work-related event, which I muster up the strength to attend and am very glad I did, it was a wonderful event. I am concerned about eating dinner, but I was very hungry (I had skipped lunch) but it goes down pretty well. I wake in the middle of the night with stomach cramps.

Sunday: My first day without cold medication, that part of what has been troubling me finally waning, I have a late dinner, leftover eggplant Parmesan and pasta.

Monday: Around 3 AM I wake with a painfully distended abdomen and sit up for about an hour before returning to sleep. This morning my wife has diagnosed that either I have a lingering bug, or stomach cancer have suddenly become lactose intolerant, for which I soundly mock her.

That morning at the office I get coffee without cream.

Tuesday: Finally, at long last. My head is clear, my stomach settled. I get an email from the Cleveland Marathon, rejecting my application to be one of their twelve "official" bloggers.

That's okay, I didn't want to blog about your stupid marathon, anyway. The second half of the route is horrid, the Expo is in fucking Berea and there's no free coffee at the starting line.

Well, shit.

Temperature: 36°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Losing My Edge Genius Playlist
Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem
Mistaken For Strangers - The National
In The Morning - Junior Boys
Warsaw (173 bpm) - Joy Division
Battery Kinzie - Fleet Foxes
Say My Name - Holy Ghost!
The Fox In The Snow - Belle & Sebastian

No comments: