Sunday, August 25, 2013

I am slowing down as the years go by.

My neighborhood. My life.

Yesterday was the annual block party. Our fifth, so much has changed since 2009. 

The block party marks the end of summer.

A summer we were subsumed by rain at a minor league soccer game and hid in the bathroom.

When the boy finally got a proper-sized mitt.

We toasted Eric Coble at Dobama, staged testimony in support of marriage equality at the Play House.

Met a new school principal, held a yard sale, went swimming.

Ran races in Bay Village and Friendship.

The girl grew two feet taller.

My wife got a new job, and in a way so have I.

Friends were married, new plays were begun. 

We drove to Connecticut, Maine, Salem. I drove to New York and put on a show.

And then, the block party. One season. Excuse me, there is something in my eye.

Meanwhile, my son sings the chorus to Summertime Sadness under his breath. That's just weird.

Temperature: 77°
Climate: humid & dark
Distance: 3.25 miles

Never Let Me Down Playlist
Cuts You Up - Peter Murphy
Hold Back The Rain - Duran Duran
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before - The Smiths
Sinking - The Cure
Perfect Kiss - New Order
So Alive - Love and Rockets

No comments: