Wednesday, August 14, 2013

To my friends in New York I say hello.

I got some pictures on my phone.

Trailblazing today, straight down Houston to the river, and south to the Brooklyn Bridge. Big, bright, urban day. Full of anxiety this morning. We have three more performances, but really, we are done here. I know how this goes, the next four days are going to fly by like nothing happened.

Okay, that's a little dour and self-pitying. The next three performances themselves will be great, I am looking forward to them. They will be the final three performances of Double Heart, at least with this company. I hope it has some kind of future.

It was not my intention to go running this morning. Getting back to the apartment last night at 10:30 PM, I still did not get to sleep until almost 2:30 AM. This place is like a college dorm. Beers to drink, snacks to eat, stories to be told. James, Annie and I split off yesterday to see friends, Emily and Diana went uptown for salsa dancing. We all converge here, chat, get into sweats and shorts, and suddenly it is one in the morning.

Brooklyn Bridge Run
Temperature: 60°
Distance: 5 miles

But the light through the window -- and the sirens -- had me up early, and I just had to move. I love a riverside run, especially when graced with iconography. And water stops.

Got to keep my spirits up. People are counting on me. Time to get out and give palm cards to people on line at the Delacorte.

The Playlist
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
I Gotta Go - Robert Earl Keen
Good Life - OneRepublic
This Is The Remix - Girl Talk
Ghosts 'N' Stuff - Deadmau5
Every Morning - Basshunter
Thrift Shop - Macklemore ft. Wanz
Five Seconds - Twin Shadow
Hometown Glory - Adele
Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz ft/ Ludacris

No comments: