Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Yesterday is history.

Later, FringeNYC.

I have not had a run in Cleveland Heights since July 11. In Connecticut, Maine and New York, yes. But not at home. How bizarre, how bizarre.

That last run in New York ... so disappointing. It was all right. Perhaps there is no crazy thrill about it anymore, it is too familiar. That's depressing, isn't it? Oh, well. Nothing can overwhelm forever.

Running down Park Avenue from 68th Street in 2009, listening to Halo. That sent chills down my spine. But you know, just last week, listening to Good Life while running down to the Brooklyn Bridge and back, that was also thrilling. I may be reading too much into this.

I was tired, it was a little overcast, and there was no there there, I ran from First St. up to 51st Street and back. No loop, no destination, no symbolic turnaround point, just out and back. In a (more or less) straight line. Is what it is.

Temperature: 68°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Yesterday was very difficult. Back at work, yes, like the day before, but so tired. I don't mean drowsy, that happens, I mean functionally exhausted. Active, but insane. I pushed through as best I could, but I also developed scalp pain, which I thought had previously been limited to the left side of my head. Yesterday, the right. Not a headache, an ache along my scalp, from the (original) hair-line back to the neck. By dinner, even the skin of my right ear hurt.

I went to bed at 8:30 PM. Woke at 6 AM. I have been running on fumes for two weeks. It was time for this.

The Playlist 
I Love It - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX
That's Not My Name  - The Ting Tings
Houdini - Foster the People
A New Error - Moderat
You and I (Deadmau5 Remix) - Medina
Mirrors - Justin Timberlake

There is more dog shit on the sidewalks of Cleveland Heights than New York City. 

No comments: