Saturday, May 24, 2014

Stumble you might fall.


Two weeks. I began feeling ill Sunday night -- two weeks ago, Sunday night. Cold-like symptoms which were compounded by a day in a drafty rehearsal hall and several rainy days and nights. I thought I was pulling it together by the time the girl and I ran the 5K on Sunday, but on Monday I crashed again and spent Tuesday sick in bed.

The lawn grows so fast and I am a week behind, on everything. Yardwork, housework, house plans, it was all I could do to get to the office to participate in actor-teacher auditions.

And no running. Not even feeling like running. It's the best part of the year, and I'm just missing it.

Temperature: 64°
Distance: 4 miles
Weight: 174.5 lbs.

Moving forward. Best start to a three-day weekend - sleeping in (without getting a headache) making up for two weeks of illness without ever getting to sleep in.

Even better, 90 minutes of writing and thinking and writing. Yesterday I feared the new work, this morning I contributed to it. Big difference.

Then, a run. Perfect weather. When you push it out to four miles (via Cain Park) you get water.

Saw two child-sized hoodies, hung or draped over fire hydrants, as if and the walk home yesterday some kids deduced. “Hey! Wow! I’m never going to need this again!”

Funk Dat Playlist
Funk Dat - Sagat
Jazzie’s Groove - Soul II SOul
Bostich (Extended Remix) - Yello
Square Pegs - The Waitresses
Gypsy Woman (Red Hot + Dance) - Crystal Waters
Connected - Stereo MC’s
Justified and Ancient - The KLF
I Like To Move It - Reel 2 Reel ft.
Everybody Everybody - Black Box

Damn. That is some funky  early 90s old school.

And now, yardwork. Everybody have a good weekend.

No comments: