Sunday, May 11, 2014

Boys don't cry.

 This is my son.

A great Mother's Day. Yes, I made bacon dippers and the best mushroom omelette ever. There were soccer games and the boy played Brothers Lounge for his second and final gig for the spring session.

We went to Dewey's and I came another step closer to finishing the first draft (or sloppy copy, thank you, Mrs. Dawson) of a new work and then had to negotiate an intra-neighborhood conflict.

I made it through my entire childhood without getting into a single fistfight, and you can bet I did not accomplish that by keeping my mouth shut. I did it by walking away, every single time. I am not sure the same tactic is going to work for him.

Temperature: 77°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Another Solid Reason Not to Do a Mud-Obstacle Run 
Endurance races that involve electrical shocks, ice baths, and pools of stagnant farm water are acutely popular. No one tells you about the bowel infections. 
- The Atlantic *

* The URL for this article is a bit more direct: "http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/05/tough-mudder-feces-in-mouth/361588/"

Get it? SOLID?

This Must Be The Place Playlist
Dance Yrself Clean - LCD Soundsystem
House of Cards - Radiohead
Girlfriend In a Coma - The Smiths
Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
Modern Love - David Bowie
Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure

No comments: