Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Gotta run for shelter.

The era of the Nike Fight headphone has passed. For ten years this has been my favorite model, they have been discontinued and while I have been able to get them on eBay for a while - without paying any extra - they have become rare. Ah well.

Got the Puma branded Reactor Sport Earbud om sale at Marshall's. It was listening through a cardboard tube. I actually headed back after half a block to fetch the phones my brother gave me a few years ago.

Distance: 3.6 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop

There was a piece I was working on, making notes for, delving into a subject I find distasteful but also urgently current, but then I stopped. Just stopped writing about, thinking about. Why did I stop?

Well, certainly because my last entry on the subject was the first week of February. I may have come back it before now but fate intervened. I think I am prepared to return to that now.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: warm and humid and perfect
Mood: feeling better

You know else has been making me depressed? The election. Okay, there. I said it. Funny, even four years ago, it was also about Trump. Last night's debate, while nothing to get complacent about, was at least a boost of positive energy. It's still six weeks to the election, but that shimmy though.

What's That Lyric?
Too Hot - Kool & The Gang

Glorious run. Energetic. We can do this. We can do all of this.

No comments: