Saturday, June 03, 2017

Look here, Junior. Don't you be so happy.

That evening, following my last run, my hip hurt a bit. I stand more than I used to, which makes the pain not happen, if you follow me. It's like that old joke;
Patient: Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do this.
Doctor: Then don't do that.
Sitting all winter, at my desk, at home writing, it hurt my tuchus. So, nu? Don't sit so much.

Distance: 1 mile
Route: Monticello Track

Best. Joke. Ever.
Then there is the eating, which has gotten a bit out of control. I have gotten out of the habit of packing lunch, which is how you control your budget, but also your portion size. The other night I remembered to cut my sandwich at a restaurant in half to take the other half home, but that takes a supreme effort of will.

But it doesn't always. When I get used to smaller portions, I get used to smaller portions. I must get back to that. Also, not eating half a bag of Doritos on a Friday night.

Temperature: 66°
Climate: glorious
Mood: better

Rode my bike to the middle school track, took five laps and home. Felt good. The exercises help. My back hurt in a very unhappy-making place for twenty-four hours, by last night it was gone.

I wonder if I will run long-distance again without pain.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 171.5 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Yes, I have seriously crashed. Back into the 170s. This is depression eating, a compensation for a lack of other things. I do not need a psychologist to tell me this, I know it while I am doing it. It feels good. And it has to stop.

Man. I haven't even had breakfast today. That's empty stomach weight - only after last night, my stomach is not yet empty.

Here's the thing, I need to get to my normal weight - 165 lbs. - for a very good reason. That is where my summer shorts fit most comfortably.

What's That Lyric?
Marquee Moon - Television

No comments: