Wednesday, August 01, 2018

I smell of the earth.

Home again, and we begin with a funeral. It's been a long, difficult day. Could be worse. Could be raining. (Seriously, though, it could have rained, but it didn't.)

Came home exhausted and unhappy, knowing I should run, wanting to sleep. So? A ten-minute nap. Lying down, I could feel the pain and tension in my shoulders.

I am grateful the wife encouraged me to do the exercises last night. Hadn't for two days, that would have been three. Travel is an excuse, but we were now home.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Run
Temperature: 73°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: not as bad as before

Good, brisk run, Started out sluggish. It is more humid here, and naturally less inspiring. I mean, come on. But I kept it up, my left side hurt more than usual, but nothing unhappy-making. My ankle was hurting a mile or so in, so I stopped. I walked. I kept running. No more issues there.

And I feel a touch lighter in my soul.

Exercises: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 167 lbs. (+0.5)
Revised Goal: 165 lbs.

I ate with impunity. I also did an awful lot of planking, so in spite of the additional weight I can still fit into my pants. And yet, we must resume our healthy diet.

The wife said that when I was at my leanest, at the beginning of June, she thought I looked too skinny. Whatever. 160 is the final goal. It is where I want to be. Perhaps muscle will make up the visual difference.

What's That Lyric?
I Am Stretched On Your Grave - Dead Can Dance

No comments: