Saturday, August 18, 2018

All flesh, begone!

The boy's doctor suggested he get proper running shoes for exercise (of course) so today in addition to other back-to-school numbers, we picked up clearance-priced sneaks at Nordstrom Rack.

I have new New Balance Abzorbs, Asics Gel Absorb-4s. Time to hit those streets!

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 76°
Climate: sunny, bright
Mood: okay

We ran a little, walked a little, around the block. His feet hurt, he thinks from trying on other shoes, not these. His feet usually hurt when we hit the pavement, it's also humid and hot. He did so well in Maine, though. It's probably the weather. And those other shoes.

He's been very conscious of his diet, in a good way. He gave me most of his bread from lunch (sensible portion of mac & cheese, with salad) which I then ate. I didn't need to eat that.

Exercises: later

Great run by myself, around the park. Folks grilling, fishing, walking dogs. I am a hot and sweaty mess, but at least I feel good.

I still need to write about acupuncture.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 170 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 165 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Poor Skeleton Steps Out - XTC

No comments: