Sunday, August 12, 2018

I take your pain away.

The low-grade sinus headache, the kind that drags me to the ground. A lazy Sunday afternoon, but not relaxed. Thought best to nap, close my eyes, as my body was demanding, but caffeine had kicked in and the mind was on fire. Also, it ached.

The area around the bee sting (for that is what it must have been) does not sting, or ache, but it itches. Bee stings are few and far-between, my last was (embarrassingly enough, but also spectacularly painful) on my scalp, six years. The stinging came and went in waves for days. But not this itching. Odd.

The boy and I headed to the gym.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Rec Center
Mood: all right

Stepping into the sunlight, after our rounds, I noticed my headache had almost entirely subsided. This was not the case after one mile, when I thought I couldn't continue. I tried changing it up, running a mile, doing a round of exercises, then and another mile. This worked out fine, but it felt like it took a long time.

During the third mile, my right ankle crashed out. This happened last week, sudden pain the ankle, I'll walk,stop or stretch (all three, actually) and then continue. When it hurts, it really hurts. Bu when it's gone, it's gone.

I think it means I need new shoes.

Exercises: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 170 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Sigh.

What's That Lyric?
Tightrope - Janelle Monáe ft. Big Boi

No comments: