Saturday, August 11, 2018

You're doing fine.

Martha Walsh sang lead vocals on Everybody Everybody (Black Box), It's Raining Men (The Weather Girls), and Gonna Make You Sweat (C+C Music Factory). And you don't even know where you are.

Can't listen to Everybody Everybody without putting myself right back into Fridays in the Flats in summer, 1991. Good times ... I think.

(Thanks to Stephanie for introducing me to the Hit Parade podcast!)

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 75°
Climate: bright & beautiful
Mood: good

Beautiful run in the park, not too humid. Lively. Then, around mile two, I was stung. Not sure by what, I thought it was a horsefly and swatted it off, but part of it remained behind, and it continued to sting. Not a tic, I do believe it was some kind of bee or other stinging insect. I stopped and looked around for the rest of it, but that was useless, so I ran home.

It still stings. I'm icing it, the wife will search for a stinger. We'll see what happens next.

Exercises: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 169 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Okay.

What my mama told me
Let my father mold me
- Madonna, "Deeper and Deeper (1992)

Did what my father said,
and let my mother mold me
- Janet Jackson, "Control" (1986)

Huh. Missed that.

Everybody Everybody Playlist
Everybody Everybody - Black Box
Deeper and Deeper - Madonna
Control - Janet Jackson
Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul
Move This - Technotronic

No comments: