Sunday, September 23, 2018

Neglected Entry

That time I entirely neglected to blog a run. Hasn't happened in over twelve years. Just didn't think of it. Just didn't care.

Today is Tuesday, September 25. Two days ago the boy and I went to the gym. He rode his bike and I ran, then as he did the treadmill at the rec center, I ran two more miles. Then we came home, and by that time I was exhausted. Not just tired, but my muscles were weary, my hip hurt.

Distance: a little more than four miles

Running the treadmill last week, I learned I do not like the treadmill. You must run a consistent speed, and that doesn't work for me anymore. I need to be able to slow down, when I want to slow down, and speed up when I want to speed up, without thinking about it. Keeping the pace consistent makes me shorten my stride, and that does not feel good.

Likewise, I feel that running with the boy riding his boke also does not work. He has longer legs now, he goes faster. And I go slower. I have to run hard to keep up. Not very hard, but harder than I would, you know?

Anyway, I haven't been so ambivalent about running since 2011. These things, they come, they go.

No comments: