Wednesday, August 24, 2022

On top of the world, looking over the edge.

Ha ha. See you on the cove. Sure. I would like one summer when I can and do run for the entire season.

My retina detached (more on that here) and was repaired. But impact-based exercise was off the table for an extended period. And I was unable to join my family in our annual retreat. Things could be worse.

Things could always be worse.

For the time being, I have been walking. Three miles, every other day or so, when I have the time. And that's really been nice. And it's kept me sane. And it's good for me. I follow the same path to the park, through the park and back. 

When I started it took twenty minutes to walk a mile. Then it was more like eighteen.

But I have been eating whatever. Back to square one. Time to get my act together. Again. 

One month ago.
Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 33:25
Pace: 10:47
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 77°
Climate: lovely (but humid)
Mood: good, you know?
Stretches: yes
Water: not enough
Weight: 182.5 lbs. 
Goal: 180 lbs.

Today I had my one month visit and was told that my retina looked "gorgeous" -- that was the word he used. I no longer must sleep only on my right side, and I may resume normal exercise, like running.

The celebrate, I bought a new pair of New Balance shoes at Second Sole. Support your local business!

What's That Lyric?
Cloudbusting - Kate Bush

No comments: