Thursday, July 11, 2019

She'll be here soon ...

Did upper body work at the rec center yesterday, was also inspired to run a mile around the track.

Wednesday: 1 mile

Not running for one day can feel like you have stopped running for ever. It's so weird.

Yesterday was a carbohydrate feast and I'm not proud about it but it really did taste good. My saving grace is that by divine intervention there was no custard at Walnut Wednesday.

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 46:09
Pace: 9:13
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 76°
Climate: infrequent light spotting
Mood: good
Stretches: rushed
Water: yes

New earbuds not working this morning, which is a pain, something new to get frustrated about. The wife lent me hers, which was very kind and made me happy because I wanted to listen to Duran Duran this morning.

Duran Duran Playlist
Tel Aviv
Night Boat
Save a Prayer
Careless Memories *

Good run, free. Chris looks good, too. Next run we will be in Central Park.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 166 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

Last year I dropped to 163 lbs. (recorded June 19) and immediately began to put the weight back on. It is true, I was not in training at that time and that does make a difference. However, the immediate lack of control was due to going on a long driving vacation, one which didn't really end until the first week of August.

Traveling with my daughter in New York may mean we aren't concentrating so much on food, but who knows? There will certainly be a lot of walking.

No comments: