Saturday, July 27, 2019

2019 Friendship Day 5K

No reason to be anxious about this run, and yet. Was awake all night, drifting in and out of sleep. Crazy dreams.

Hit my head getting into the Element — and my knee. The knee hurt worse, and seemed to do something to my calf. Went into the race fearing I would pull something.

26th Annual Friendship Day 5K
Start: 8:00 AM
Official Time: 23:29.70
Pace: 7:35
Place Overall: 12th
Place Mens 50 - 59: 1st

My goal was to do better than the past two years, which I certainly did. Not as fast as three years ago, but still entirely respectable. I came in first man in my division ... though I will check to see if there were any other men in my division. One fifty year old woman was faster. It's not a big race.

The girl wanted to beat thirty minutes, which she accomplished handily at 25:44.86. Her pace was 8:18.

Friendship 5K 165 - 174 BPM Playlist
Mirror In the Bathroom - The Beat
You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oates
Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O'Sullivan
Crown On the Ground - Sleigh Bells
We Know - Company from "Hamilton"
You! Me! Dancing! - Los Campesinos
Voices In My Head - Bob Mould

How I included beats above 170 and still lost a minute (compared to 2016) I do not know. Whatever. Great run.

Week Seven Total: 19.4 miles
Total To Date: 148.15

No comments: