Friday, July 26, 2019

Until I get there.

Take one of the Captain.
The long run, or not the long run? Today should be a break day, but I took a break on Wednesday (no gym) and I will be in transit on Sunday.

That's not true, I will be in transit some time during the day on Sunday. I could run twelve miles in the morning, not a problem. I would even be nice, if I got up early enough.

There is a 5K tomorrow. I think I should rest today, run the race tomorrow, and perhaps twelve miles Sunday morning.

But then, it's my birthday. I can do anything I want.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 29:02
Pace: 8:11
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 72
Climate: sunny skies, relatively low humidity
Mood: good, truly
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: Blueberry bread, macaroon. It's my birthday!

And so I did. Beautiful day, and I love to run. Stopped in to say hi at my Aunt Dede's place (I always run past it on this route) and then pressed on, very fast today. Or at least it felt so to me. Driving up hills, and down again, straight back, free of pain. Mostly.

What's That Lyric?
I'm a Ram - Al Green

No comments: