Saturday, July 13, 2019

Central Park North Run (one)

Huge, long, big day in NYC yesterday. Rising before four in the morning to fly to Manhattan for a 10 AM campus tour of NYU, followed shortly thereafter with another at Parsons School of Design. Lots of walking, with our backpacks (our flight was punctual, it took forever to receive a gate, we couldn't hit the apartment first) but we turned in early and started out fresh

Distance: 3.75 miles
Duration: 36:07
Pace: 9:31
Route: Central Park North
Temperature: 72°
Climate: sunny & bright
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: banana

I woke with a start, a spasm in my right shin. Didn't trouble me, though, I worked it out. I was more concerned with the girl, who has a touch of the asthma and realized her puffer was empty.

Regardless, we headed out to explore upper Central Park, which was already humming with other runners, bikers, and walkers. There was also some race going on, there is always a race happening whenever I run Central Park on a weekend.

We did two laps with challenging inclines and gentle descents, and she pushed it out through the entire run. So proud. A glorious start to a promising day.

No comments: