Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Yeah, it's gone daddy gone.

Phil Collins in space.
Evening run with the boy. a debate about where to go, how far to go, and how fast. He preferred one, seven minute mile. I said I couldn't do that, like physically. His reaction was challenging. I don't want him to make me run faster than I feel comfortable doing. Isn't that acceptable?

I also don't want to freak him out about my health concerns. They may be entirely in my head. But seriously, a flat-out seven minute mile? Not my thing anymore.

Distance: 1.55 miles
Duration: 13:35
Pace: 8:43
Route: Mayfield Loop
Temperature: 71°
Climate: sunset & humid
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes
Weight: 182 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

That went very well. I set the pace with the music, which made it easier for me. It was fun! Up the street, up the hill, along the main city thoroughfare and then down, down, downhill. Nice.

Now. I promised ice cream.

160 - 169 BPM Playlist
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised - Gil Scott Heron
Gone Daddy Gone - Violent Femmes
Cruel World - Phantogram
You Don't Mess Around With Jim - Jim Croce
Ask - The Smiths
The Adults Are Talking - The Strokes

No comments: