Saturday, July 02, 2022

Caroline laughs and it's raining all day.

Tropical Storm Colin is coming. I got a run in, light rain halfway out which abated, then more as I approached the pier, so I came in. Desired to go five miles at least once this week, but ah well.

I need to switch the phone strap to my right arm. I have felt pain in my left hand this week, and now my arm and shoulder. If I weren't phobic about having a coronary I would write it off to the extra exertion caused by this new tight strap.

One way or another, though, it's my last run on Topsail Island this summer.

Distance: 4.1 miles
Duration: 42:38
Pace: 10:26
Route: Asher Island Beach
Temperature: 78°
Climate: darkening clouds w/light rain
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

The eldest and I are holding off on the final episodes of Stranger Things 4 (released yesterday) until I return. Today I listened to the playlist I made for them, including songs from the first part of the series plus other tunes which would have been on the radio at the time.

Stranger Things 4 (Spring Break 1986 Mixtape)
California Dreamin' - The Beach Boys
Object of My Desire - Starpoint
Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs
I Was a Teenage Werewolf - The Cramps
Chica Mejicanita - Andrea Litkei & Ervin Litkei
Play With Me - Extreme
Left of Center - Suzanne Vega ft. Joe Jackson
Detroit Rock City - KISS
American-Soviets - C.C.C.P.
Got Your Number - The Lloyd Langton Group
Fever - The Cramps

No comments: