Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Everybody knows that you live forever.

Two years ago, I remember where I was. It was in North Carolina and I was sitting out on the deck, writing. There was this flashing in my left eye, it lasted a long time. Quite distracting. When it subsided, I noticed that there were a number of blurry little things, floating in my eye.

The eye doctor said that ... well he said something, I can't remember exactly what. Just a deterioration, something coming away from something else in the back of my eye. He didn't sound concerned. It's one of those thing, an operation may help alleviate the floaters, but really. Fixing it would be a major operation and possibly unsuccessful and was it really so inconvenient?

No, not so inconvenient. But it has continued. Not getting worse, but no better, either. A minor inconvenience,

The other day, as I was lying down to rest, the was more flashing. This time, in the lower right quadrant of my sight, a curve, like a corona, a bright line in the darkness when I closed my eyes. Monday night as I slept there was a different kind of flashing, like concentrated arms of light, in the same area.

Yesterday I looked in the mirror and closed my right eye, and I realized I had lost sight in ten to fifteen percent of vision in my left eye. Right where the corona had been, my sight had been carved away. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:15
Pace: 10:04
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 79°
Climate: sunny & humid
Mood: anxious
Stretches: yes
Abdominals:
Water: yes, but not enough
Weight: 180 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

See you on the cove.

No comments: