Tuesday, September 27, 2022

We are young. We run green.

Sunday (September 11)
: Began feeling symptoms, difficult night's sleep.
Monday: Took a Covid test. It was positive.
Tuesday: Another bad night's sleep, the day was better.
Wednesday: My wife's birthday, she tested positive. Happy birthday.
Thursday: Feeling more human. Minor sore throat, slight ear ache.
Friday: Finally a good night's sleep, still tested positive.

However, a weekend of special plans was off the table, had a complete emotional breakdown. I have had eye surgery, now Covid, I miss my family, I miss life, I miss my mother, my world is getting smaller and smaller instead of bigger and bigger and I am falling into despair.

Saturday: Went without Benadryl for bed, I still slept well but woke feeling worse than the day before.
Sunday (September 18): On the mend. Still weak, disoriented. 
Monday: Still weak with minor congestion. Worried I will never feel normal again.
Tuesday: Another down day, achy head and listless body.
Wednesday: Took a short walk, felt good.
Thursday: Still muddled, pain in the head. Just want to sleep.

Took a walk, instead. A three mile walk on Thursday afternoon, like I did after my surgery, to keep up.  To get me through. Now it's cool, now it's breezy. Perfect running weather, and yet I am not running. But I am also not standing still.

Friday: Back to work. What do you know about that.
Saturday. Fell asleep the night before at eight. Woke at nine. Trimming one hedge in the yard rendered me exhausted and unmotivated for the rest of the afternoon.
Sunday (September 25): Easily wearied. Also, occasionally queasy.
Monday: Visiting actor-teachers in schools. Feeling next to normal.
Tuesday: Conducted a writing workshop for middle school students. I am on my feet. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 30:33
Pace: 9:51
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 57°
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: all right.
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Okay, mother fuckers. We're back.

What's That Lyric?
Alright - Supergrass

No comments: